It’s so important to recycle from so many points of view! At the Oasis we encourage all residents to recycle as much as the can.
If any items (furniture, electrical items, boxes etc) are found outside the bins they can not be collected by the refuse men, which means arranging costly removal of the items. A charge will be made to the owner of the flat in question if O(P)ML are required to remove the items. These items and any other large items can be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Centre. 92-98 Nuffield Road, Poole, BH17 0RS or The British Heart Foundation, Ashley Road, Poole who will take and collect most items of furniture and working electrical products free of charge.
Grey Bins are for general household rubbish and the Blue Bins are for recycling
When disposing of household waste please ensure the following:
- Cardboard boxes to be folded flat
- No electrical goods are to be put in the bin or left in the “bin stores”
- No household furniture is to be put in the bin or left in the “bin stores”
- All recycling packets should be washed before putting into the bin.
- No plastic bags may be placed in the blue bins
What can go in the Blue Recycling Bin?
Paper & Cardboard
- Magazines – no need to remove staples
- Food and drink cartons (multilayered Tetra Paks) such as juice or milk cartons
- Foil free wrapping paper
- Writing paper
- Computer paper
- Envelopes including ones with windows
- Telephone Directories and Yellow Pages
- Catalogues – Argos, Littlewoods
- Books – hardbacks and paperbacks
- Corrugated cardboard from electrical equipment / washing powder boxes
- Thin cardboard – cereal packets and tissue boxes
- Greetings cards
- Junk mail (please remove envelopes and put in your blue bin separately and dispose of any associated plastic wrapping)
- Shredded paper
- Paper bags – including those from sugar and flour
- You can now recycle all plastic food containers and Tetra-Paks in the Blue Bins.
- Any plastic bottles and food containers e.g.
- Fizzy drink bottles and squash bottles
- Milk bottles
- Detergent bottles
- Shampoo and shower gel bottles
- Yoghurt pots
- Margarine tubs
- Ice cream containers
- Meat trays
- Fruit punnets
Aluminium and steel cans
- Aluminium drink cans
- Steel drinks cans
- Aluminium foil and foil trays
- Household aerosols – deodorant, hairspray, polish, air freshener
- Steel food cans – tomato tins, pet food cans
- Steel lids from glass jars/bottles
- Large tins – biscuit and sweet tins
Glass bottles and jars
- Any colour (brown, green, clear, blue) glass bottles and jars